BB knits

A dumping grounds for all things knitting wandering through my lil' mind.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Knitting Olympics!

Well, I love the Olympics. I love knitting. I love fun challenges, and any excuse for a new shirt!

So, I've signed on for Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics, and am a (eventually) jersey wearing member of Team Canada!!

FUN TIMES.

My project? A shawl. Specifically the shawl I recieved yarn and pattern for from my Secret Pal last fall. The gorgeously purpley yarn has been sitting in my project corner, taunting me, for what feels like forever... but I have yet to actually hunker down, wind it, and begin... so this seemed like a perfect opportunity!
The challenge will be that it is a fine yarn, and so it's a very repetitive and seemingly slow progress kind of job... which is something I sometimes love, sometimes hate, and usually can't finish all in one go without taking a break (took an almost 2 month break on "Lucky" from SNBN !) because I'm easily distractable. Since I have a couple sweater projects on the go as well, it really will be a challenge to focus on this one thing for 16 days! But, I'm confident I can finish it in 16 days if I put my mind to it :)
(Convieniently, I had my Reading week during the Olympics - lots of knitting time! :D )

Here's the yarn:


Yummy yarn!, originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

delightful 100% wool, hand painted in Prince George, BC.




Planning to wind the yarn into 2 convienient balls and pack up all the necessary supplies in an appropriately red & white bag over this weekend... then try my patience waiting for the 10th to roll around!
(too bad I can't actually go to the Team Canada opening ceremonies pub in Toronto... or even watch the opening ceremonies at home! I already have my ticket to the OVC Winter Gala, which is also Feb 10th! But you know the first thing I'm doing when I get home is casting on! woo!)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Bethro said…

    Just saying hi since you did in fact say you were here (and here you are)...I'm going to add you to my sidebar whenever I fix what went horribly wrong with it

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Ginny said…

    Yay! We'll be making matching shawls. Have you started winding the balls yet? Look on my blog and see the mess I've made of it. I will be much more careful with the second skein. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home