BB knits

A dumping grounds for all things knitting wandering through my lil' mind.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Maggie wins the gold!

Here it is, my completed shawl! *cheers*


Edging done!
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

taken right after I finished several hours or painstaking crochet edging work! (I pretty much was teaching myself crochet for this one... I had only ever done a simple chain to use as a tie before... now I've mastered the double chrochet stitch, and have made a pretty scallopy edging!)




Close up of edging
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

This is before blocking..can't quite see the nice effect of the double chrochet stitch edge on the "flat" side.. but look and the bumpy triangle side! yay bumps!




Blocking
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

Pinned out on a bed in my brother's room... I finally see the wonders of blocking for myself! (I've blocked sweaters before.. but the benifits were never quite as noticeable as with this shawl!)
Can I say, I LOVE the colour... great, great yarn!




Back view
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

How pretty is that? The most pretty. I'm really happy with everything about this shawl - the colour, the size.. fantastic!
And I actually have a good chunk of yarn left..trying to think of something fun to do with that...




Go, Canada, Go!
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

All done and blocked! (okay, ends still need to be weaved in - will be done on the bus on my way to Toronto to celebrate the closing ceremonies in style!)

2 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Nadia said…

    Yay! You rock!

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Ginny said…

    It is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    Good for you for finishing it. I hope mine turns out as nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home