BB knits

A dumping grounds for all things knitting wandering through my lil' mind.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Olympic update!

Well, I've been on Reading Week break this week, and as such haven't been doing much on the computer (been avidly avoiding all things school related..), but I have been knitting! (pretty much that's all I do: sleep, eat, watch movies/TV, knit. It's been a delightful week!)

So here's an update from last weekend....


Halfway there!
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

I got to the end of the first ball pretty much Feb 17th, which was my goal - second half of the shawl would take a bit longer, and then there's the edging... but the second week of the Olympics was reading week, so more time to knit!



And now this weekend is looking like this...


Knitting: done!
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

2amish, Feb 24th, I bound-off! The knitting portion of my challenge is done! Still have to do the edging, which I'm a bit nervous about... but I have all weekend to tackle that! With any luck, I'll be wearing my beautiful shawl at the closing ceremonies pub in Toronto!



I've got some errands to run today.. need to pick up something for my secret pal, participate in a headache study, get some stuff from Shoppers, write a couple online quizzes (hey, been avoiding school almost all week... time to accept that I am actually still a student and will be back at it on Monday...).. but at the very least I'm going to do the edging on the long edge of the shawl today! I've bookmarked a bunch of clear tutorials on how to do the various crochet stitches the pattern is calling for... now it's time for the real challenge part of this project! (besides sticking to the same wip for so many consecutive days of knitting!! I'm itchin' to work on something different...)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Nadia said…

    Congrats on finishing! I'm almost there too.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Bethro said…

    Yay! Congratulations. It looks great (and like a lot of work).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home