BB knits

A dumping grounds for all things knitting wandering through my lil' mind.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Pre-games work, and first day cast on!



Few days ago I wound the yarn into nice convenient centre pull balls, gathered all my supplies, and found an appropriately red & white bag to carry it all in.





Later, I rewound the yarn so that the balls were nice and squishy and the yarn wasn't getting too stressed out.






My team canada jersey arrived Friday, and I put it on right away when I got home. How spiffy is it? The most spiffy!





Once 2pm rolled around, I sat myself down and cast on for my Olympic knitting challenge. The afternoon sun behind me makes my work hard to see.. but there wasn't much to see at this point anyhow ;)





I worked on my Olympic Knitting for a little while, but then I had to put the knitting down and start getting ready for the OVC Winter Gala.. next year maybe I'll wear this shawl with this dress :)





Once I got all my prep work done - hair, makeup, getting the dress on... I had some time to wait, as my date was running late. So I sat myself down, with my jersey nearby for inspiration, and continued with my Olympic Knitting! Things are going well so far!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Bethro said…

    I am soooo jealous of your jersey.

    Maybe we should start a Knitter's Anonymous group.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger maggieBB said…

    I'm not sure I'm ready to admit I have a problem and need help.... ;)

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger bheangrrl said…

    I started my olympic knitting at the pub night, but didn't get very far...it's hard to knit in the dark when inbibing much alcohol. I hope that your project goes well, that yarn is beautiful (as is your dress!)

    Your Secret Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home