BB knits

A dumping grounds for all things knitting wandering through my lil' mind.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Wow!

Okay, so, Team Canada's closing ceremonies in Toronto? MUCH fun!
I'm a silly enough girl to have felt like I was in a room full of celebreties ;P So many women whose blogs I've read and been inspired by.... crazy.
And so many awe inspiring finished olympic projects! Wow! *faints*

I'm already looking forward to the next Olympics, and thinking about what might be a challenge for me when the time comes! (I've grown quite a lot as a knitter in my first year and a bit... will I keep progressing in leaps and bounds? Maybe I'll continue to put of/avoid colourwork until the next olympics... seems like a good excuse to keep avoiding it ;P )

Now that I'm sitting in class, wearing my pretty purple shawl... I think I'm definitely a shawl person. Wasn't 100% sure - had never owned one, really. But I like it. It's cozy. I made a serious hardcore cozy scarf for the walk to school - all bunched up about my neck. And now it makes me feel comfy and cozy in class :) Definitely more shawls in my future...

Also, met someone at the closing ceremonies in a very cute lil' poncho/capelet thing... and you know, I think I might actually not mind one of those. Will have to maybe revisit some previously cast aside patterns... she looked quite cozy and cute in it :)

So, Knitting Olympics over... what next? Well, at the closing ceremonies, I made some good progress on the back panel of the sweater for my dad... I also have the yarn for the wrap I'm making Amanda... and I'm seriously itchin' to try my hand at socks...

Stay tuned!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Ginny said…

    I love to knit socks. Since I knit my first pair last year, that's all I really want to knit now. It takes quite sometime learning to handle four needles, but once you train your hands to it, it feels natural.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger maggieBB said…

    I've done mittens and gloves, and the sleeves of Cleaves, so I'm pretty comfy handling the 4 needles now :)
    Really, I guess the only thing I need to get a handle of is heels... which is pretty much what makes a sock from a mitten, in my eyes at least...

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Heels are the kind of thing you just have to try. I've heard quite a few knitters say that they looked at the pattern for a heel, and couldn't picture how it would work. However, they tried it and it just worked! It was the same thing for me. It just takes a little faith (and some booze doesn't hurt. Much.)

    Socks are addictive though. I think I need a 12-step program.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Bethro said…

    Take the leap, Maggie. Like everything else in knitting, I've found both socks and intarsia totally do-able as long as you read the directions. If you like, I can loan you my copy of Knit Socks for your first pair. It's really thorough and relatively stress-free.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home