BB knits

A dumping grounds for all things knitting wandering through my lil' mind.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Something a little different....

What seems like a long long time ago, Erin was selling off a bunch of stuff, and I was feeling particularly indulgent so I bought a lot of her stuff. Including a Weavette!

I've been having a lot of fun with it ever since, and am finally sharing some photographic evidence of this fun :D


making my first square!
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

almost done my first square on the weavette, using some leftover knitpicks something or other. I love the plaidiness :)




my first square!
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

the completed square! So cute! I actually made a couple squares with this yarn (I had almost an entire ball leftover from a sweater made last year..), so I could try my hand at piecing them together and such..




silk & cashmere
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

so along with the weavette, I had bought this silky yarn and cashmerey yarn from Erin. both so pretty and soft... I couldn't think of what to do with them, but I knew I wanted to wrap myself up in them....





cashmere square
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

so I decided, why not use the weavette I bought off Erin with the yarns I bought off Erin, and make a fun plaidy quilty shawl thing?! GENIUS!




close up of silk square
Originally uploaded by dottiemaggie.

the cashmere squares are bright and rainbowy, the silk squares are chocolaty..it's a very fun mix :) And they both make very light gauzy squares, so the shawl is working up to have a delightful drape. It feels so luxurious...mmmm.....



The shawl is coming along nicely.. stay tuned for a "shawl in progress" picture :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home